11.19.2007

FB Adventures...

We volunteered at the Food Bank tonight. We have been going quite a bit over the last few months, helping Ethan to get his Duty to God Award. We are going to keep going once a month. We enjoy being able to spend the evening together doing something good. Most of the time we go "shopping". That means we fill the hampers with the appropriate items for a balanced diet for a week. Tonight I added tuna and pasta sauce. Ethan did toilet paper and crackers. Kipp did cereal. Sometimes we are runners, or we check best before dates. The crates run down a conveyor belt, and each person adds their item. A few weeks ago I did drinks. It was so stressful! It took me awhile after the shift to start breathing normal again. One week we sorted food that was also a little scary...It all made me feel a little like Lucy. I found the clip to share. You may have seen this before. I remember seeing it as a little girl.
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q

1 comment:

Becky Bevans said...

hey Donna Are you ready for Christmas... How is it having your sweet lil granddaughter around. And does Ashley know what she is having. How fun these little ones are. Come and visit us at landbbev.blogspot.com tell me what your blog is and I will add it. They are fun to have :) Love ya Becky