1.17.2008

Our Town


Kipp and I went to see Theatre Calgary's "Our Town" last night. It is a wonderful play. I was touched by its message, and know I could learn from it. Life, in all its ups and downs, happy times and sad times, and even mundane times is truly a gift. Following are a couple of my favorite lines from the play:

Mrs. Soames makes the remark, "My, wasn't life awful--and wonderful," a line that somewhat summarizes the whole play, showing that life has both its upsides and downsides and that we never really notice the importance of our lives while we live them.

"Doesn't anyone ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?" The Stage Manager responds. "No. Saints and poets, maybe; they do some." Wilder emphasizes that we, while we live, seldom appreciate the precious details in our lives.

If you have a chance, go to see it...

3 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

You didn't tell me anything about the play when you got home. I didn't know it was that good. I'm glad you had fun.

Becky Bevans said...

Hey Donna how is life... You busy still hahaha. I don't think its over till we die. And the one with the most fabric wins. Just kidding. So when are you guys coming down to visit us Arizonians we sure love and miss you all. :) Becky

Becky Bevans said...

congratulations on the baby I can't believe she has two... Was it a boy? my email is becky_bevans@yahoo.com