3.09.2007

Tearing Down and Building Up





We are beginning a renovation. As you can see from the pictures, a bomb was dropped in the basement. Once it is totally taken apart, we will begin again from scratch. We would like to open it up down there, and are adding a fireplace to get some warmth. The renovation will also include a revamping of the kitchen. More counter space is my priority. We will add hardwood flooring and reface the cupboards. It is funny how things we thought were so absolutely wonderful 13 to 17 years ago we are now ready to change. We will tear it all down, and have a terrible mess, but the end result will be a new and improved home. I am excited for that.


This morning I have been pondering this whole process, and it made me think of Hugh B. Brown's talk, "God is the Gardener". I often feel like the rose bush in his talk, sad that I am being torn down just when I thought I was growing so well. But God is the Gardener. He knows so much better what we can become, and if we will let Him, he will make of us something so much better than we could ever accomplish on our own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo reno's suck! lol My mom is renovating her house as well...not as intense as your but still. I am excited to see what your looks like when done! Good luck

The Jacksons said...

hope you didn't lose teddy in the turmoil. Here Teddy!